Black cats unfortunately get a bad wrap, mostly due to the color of their fur. Black cats are two-thirds less likely to get adopted than white cats and only half as likely to be adopted as tabby cats. Today is National Black Cat Day which makes this the perfect time to discuss why everyone needs a black cat in their life.
- Black fur blends right in with black pants and your favorite black dress, so you won't need a lint brush
- Their smiles shine extra bright next to their dark fur.
- You can't tell if they're dirty
- They have a "black belt" in cuddling.
- In most cultures, a black cat in your home brings good luck.
- Black is very slimming - holding your black cat will make you look extra slender.
- You can give a cat who is likely to be overlooked the forever home they deserve.